- Debbie likes Starbucks.
- She believes the next writer in her family will be her 8 year old grandson.
- Her newest book (A Turn in the Road) was inspired by her annual book signing road trip with her husband Wayne.
- Her book The Sooner the Better (signed paperback contest coming soon) was inspired by her two favorite movies Romancing the Stone and African Queen.
- She insisted I rent African Queen.
- She named her dog Bogie after Humphrey Bogart.
- Her first library book was checked out to her by then librarian Beverly Cleary.
- It took her 5 years to get published.
- Every time she signs her autograph, she finishes it with 2 Tim 1:7
- Another angel book (featuring an angel-in-training named Will) is due out next year.
- A third Debbie Macomber book is scheduled to become a Hallmark movie. This coming Christmas look for Trading Christmas (originally title When Christmas Comes) on the Hallmark Channel.
- Should you ever get the chance to meet Debbie, do! She is delightful!
A Conversation with Debbie Macomber
What I learned about the sweet, personable, delightful Debbie Macomber at last Saturday's book signing: