18 December 2013
A Very Merry Recyclable and Low-Waste Christmas
Searching for ways to keep Christmas more simple and green? Perhaps you've been so busy shopping you haven't had a chance to put up any decorations and you're looking for some last minute affordable ideas? Maybe you're a minimalist and you're ready to start storing less decor and recycling and reusing more? Here are some of my tips, goals, and ideas on how to look to nature for inspiration and have a very merry low-waste and recyclable Christmas.
1. Make your own garland using burlap or pine cones.
2. Make paper snowflakes.
3. Make walnut ornaments.
4. Use berries, cinnamon, and/or pine cones instead of bows.
5. Use twigs to enhance your candles.
5. Make a twig star for your tree topper.
6. Make a grapevine wreath.
7. Wrap your gifts in used newspaper.
Got any more ideas for us? I would love to hear them.